JobMaker Hiring Credit
The JobMaker Hiring Credit is part of the Australian Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Hiring Credit is available for each additional eligible employee an eligible employer hires between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
The Hiring Credit is paid quarterly in arrears by the ATO. The amount of Hiring Credit paid is dependent on the employee’s age at the date of employment. The Hiring Credit is up to $200 per week for employees aged 16 – 29 and up to $100 per week for employees aged 30-35.
Employees may be eligible if they:
- Are aged between 16-35
- Only claim the hiring credit for one employer
- Have been receiving an eligible income support payment for at least one month in the three months prior to their employment.
- Work an average of 20 hours per week during the JobMaker period.
Note: Alternative tests are available for employees whose employment starts or ends during a quarter.
Employers are only eligible if they:
- Create a new role and increase their business’ headcount and payroll
- Hold an ABN
- Are up to date with their tax lodgement obligations
- Are registered as PAYG withholding
- Satisfy reporting requirements
- Have not claimed JobKeeper for a fortnight starting during the JobMaker period
- Do not fall into one of the ineligible business categories listed here.
If you are an employer and you think you may be eligible for the JobMaker Hiring Credit you can read more about it here.
PKF Tasmania can assess your eligibility and help you register and claim the Hiring Credit. Contact [email protected] for more information.